Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Worthington's Got Talent! Do you?

The McConnell Arts Center of Worthington Presents: Worthington's Got Talent Sponsored in Part by Worthington Realty

That's right, the McConnell Arts Center is hosting a show of talent to rival America's favorite televised talent show.

In a community with such strong ties to the arts, I imagine there is Talent being served at the dinner table, doodling the margins of homework papers, bashing and clanging up the basement stairs, and warming up the refrigerator door of every third house on each block.

And when I say "Talent," I don't just mean a beautiful voice, or nimble string strumming fingers or smooth foot work, I mean whatever you're good at.

Did you get an A+ on a poem you wrote for school? Talent. Did your best friend's mom tell you, your stick figure dogs remind her of cave man drawings? Talent. Did you make a short video of your friends pretending to rob a bank? Talent. Did your baby sister laugh at a joke you told during breakfast? Talent. Can you juggle?!?

TALENT!

If you have a PASSION you can't help but do because you LOVE IT, this is your chance to share it with your community!

Everyone a part of the Worthington Talent Show wants to hear all about it.

Now that I've convinced you to apply, let me give you the guidelines:

- ALL ages are encouraged to apply. If you or someone in your act is a minor, you will need parental permission to participate.

- Bring your talented pets. As long as you have proof their shots are up-to-date and your skilled animal is well behaved in large groups, it's invited.

- You have to be available the day of the talent show.




1 comment:

  1. I Noor Haj-Tamim am 9 years old and I am a very strong singer I sing at my school for assemblies the very first time I sang on a stage was when I was three years old

    ReplyDelete