Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Wish I Was At The MAC...

Each week, usually on Mondays, I will post about events happening at the MAC that week I would go to, if I didn't have a job that requires me to work weekend evenings.

Until I become wittier, this post's title will be "I Wish I Was At The MAC..."

In this week's installment, our blogging hero's bellydancing watching dreams are dashed by the evil pizza delivery job.

That's right, bellydancing.

This Sunday from 7:30-9:30pm, beautiful, confident women dressed in rich, bright fabric, with heads and necks covered in jewels will dance to energetic, capturing music. Need I say more?

Seriously, while writing out the reasons I want to go to this event, I couldn't get passed: It's so cool!!!

It seems self-explanatory. What else is there to say beyond bellydancing?

The word conjures up energetic music that gets under your skin and makes you want to move your hips, arms, and feet in ways your brain cannot comprehend.

But, if you really need more convincing, just ask Shakira's hips because they don't lie. And if that wasn't enough, keep reading.

After watching the Shakira video, I'm going to assume you like bellydancing or any sort of dancing that  involves the hips and or torso making serpentine movements and move onto what makes this event especially special.

Not only is this a chance to watch world renowned professional dancers get their groove on, but also members of our local bellydancing community. I'm not sure who those people are, but it fills my heart with community love to imagine Columbus dancers performing in Club Bellydance's show and loved ones watching their friend/family-member/significant-other doing their thing on stage.

Based on the event page for the show, Club Bellydance will bring new, experimental dance moves and choreography to the Bronwynn Theatre. Their performance on Sunday could be completely unique to the MAC or a first look at routines no one else has seen.

They describe this tour as different from their larger productions, with a move towards an "intimate" "club style setting." As engaging as I'm sure their larger shows are, I imagine this performance to be even more hypnotizing and thrilling than if I were to see a larger show from the balcony of a theatre. Also, the music will be even more likely to make you want to get up and get down!

There you have it, an awesome show I'm incredibly excited for, but cannot attend.

 If you'd like to buy tickets in advance, click here and order them through the MAC's website.

After attending the show please leave a comment telling me your favorite part, or post pictures, videos, and more thoughts on the MAC's Facebook.

Finally for those of you still not convenced, watch this video.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment